Pedorthic Technology Limited is committed to protecting the privacy of customers’ personal data and to ensuring that all policies or practices relating to the collection, use, retention, transfer and access of personal data are in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
When visiting this website (except when registering as a new user to make an online purchase), we will only record that you have visited and will not collect any personally identifiable information (i.e. information about you and that can be used to identify you). Cookies used in any part of the website (where applicable) are not used to collect personally identifiable information; they are small computer files that can be stored on a web user’s computer to obtain configuration information and to analyse the web user’s browsing habits. They are often used to track your preferred web theme. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you may modify the Internet options or the browsing options on your computer system, but you may not be able to use or activate certain features of the website after your modification.
Types of Personally Identifiable Information Collected
You may be required to provide personally identifiable information from time to time, including but not limited to your name, gender, age, telephone number, fax number, residential address, email address, credit card details, bank account number, education level, occupation, household income, interests and preferred activities. If you refuse to provide such information, you may not be able to access part of the website and we may not be able to process your application or request, thereby preventing you from accessing the website. If you are under 18 years of age, you must first obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before providing any personally identifiable information to us.
Purpose of collecting personally identifiable information
For the specific purposes that your personally identifiable information may be used, please refer to Pedorthic Technology Limited Home Page and Pedorthic Technology Limited Shopping Assistance Page about the collection of personal data.
Unless you object, we may use the personally identifiable information you provide to us to promote our products or services to you by telephone, SMS, email or direct marketing mail. If you do not wish to receive such information, please email or send a letter to our Customer Service Department. We may ask you to indicate your preference before registering for any payment services.
Customer Service Manager
Pedorthic Technology Limited
Unit B, 13/F, Mai Luen Industrial Building
23-31 Kung Yip Street, Kwai Chung,
New Territories, Hong Kong
Tel: 2319 2189
Retention of Information
When you contract business with us (including but not limited to using the online shopping service), we will keep your business transaction records for audit purposes. It is our general policy to retain such information for a reasonable period of time. We do not provide facilities for you to delete your personal data held by us online.
Access and Correction of Data
If you wish to access and/or correct the personally identifiable information you have provided, you may do so at any time on line through your account settings at Pedorthic Technology Limited Website.
The personal data you provide to the Company will be securely stored on the website and only authorised persons will be able to access it. The Company’s online registration process protect your data in SSL and TLS1.2 secure encrypted form to ensure that privacy is protected.
If you wish to make an enquiry regarding the Personal Information Collection Statement, please write to our Customer Service Manager of Pedorthic Technology Limited at the same address as quoted above
We may make corrections to this statement from time to time without prior notice to you. Please check it from time to time.
Personal Information Collection Statement
As a Pedorthic Technology Limited customer, you may be required to provide us with your personal data (“Relevant Personal Data”) when applying for and/or continuing to order services and/or products from us (“Relevant Services”). If such Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the Services to you.
We will treat your personal data as confidential at all times. Our policies and practices regarding the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, confidentiality and access to personal data comply with the laws of Hong Kong and are set out in this statement.
You agree that the personal data you provide to us may be used and retained by the Company for the following purposes and for such other purposes as you and the Company may agree or as may be required by law from time to time.
- for provision of the relevant services.
- for marketing of goods and/or services by us or our subsidiaries or our affiliates in connection with the relevant services.
- for dealings with any benefits from or in connection with the relevant services.
- for analysing, verifying and/or checking your credit, payment and/or status in connection with the provision of the relevant services
- for processing any payment instructions, direct debit arrangements and/or credit arrangements requested by you.
- for facilitating the day-to-day operation of your account and/or the collection of amounts due in your account in respect of the Services; and
- for providing you with promotions and offers carefully selected by us, our subsidiaries and/or our affiliates. We may need to carry out data sorting and analysis to enable us to understand your characteristics and purchasing behaviour, to provide you with additional services that better match your needs and to help us select items and services that may be of interest to you;
- for providing you with regular information, including details of services and offers;
- for designing of new related services or improving existing related services;
- for investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research service improvements;
- for prevention or detection of crime;
- for disclosures in accordance with the law;
- for comprehensive behavioural analysis.
You also agree that we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or overseas) our rights to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer your personal data for the above purposes to our agents, contractors, any telecommunications operator, any third party debt collection agency, any credit reference agency, any security agency, any credit provider, bank, financial institution, any of our actual or contingent agents who are under a duty of confidentiality to us. Any actual or proposed assignee of the Company who is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company.
You are entitled to
- check whether the Company holds any of your personal data.
- access your personal data held by the Company.
- require the Company to correct any personal data which is incorrect
- ascertain the policies and practices adopted by the Company in relation to personal data (from time to time) and the kinds of personal data held by the Company.
In accordance with the relevant Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of a personal data access request. Requests for access to or correction of personal data, or for information on policies and practices and the classes of personal data held by the Company should be made by letter to us at the address quoted above.
Notice of disclaimer, copyright and limitation of liability
1. Scope of Application
This notice applies to
- this server and
- any goods or services requested or obtained through www.ped-tech.com, Pedorthic Technology Limited.
This notice limits the liability of Pedorthic Technology Limited and its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, contractors and any third party data providers in relation to such use, the Data, goods and services.
The information may be protected by intellectual property laws and rights (including but not limited to copyright protection laws). If the user downloads, copies, transmits, publishes, stores or otherwise uses the information without the prior consent of the owner of such rights, the user may infringe such laws or rights. It is the responsibility of the user to ascertain whether such infringement (collectively, “copyright infringement”) may occur.
3. General disclaimer
- Pedorthic Technology Limited expressly disclaims liability or makes any representations or warranties with respect to
- the quality, operation, use, accuracy or timeliness of ped-tech.com or the materials, or their fitness for any purpose or use.
- any goods or services requested, supplied or obtained through ped-tech.com or on the basis of such information.
- that access to ped-tech.com or the Information is uninterrupted or correct or that the Information is free from any computer virus or is not contaminating or destructive.
- the information is not objectionable or offensive to the user or other persons.
- the information contains errors, omissions or misrepresentations that may arise. Pedorthic Technology Limited does not endorse or recommend any person, organisation, name, product or service referred to in the Information and the Information does not represent the views or opinions of Pedorthic Technology Limited. Pedorthic Technology Limited will not be involved in any transaction between the User and any third party in relation to the Information or through ped-tech.com unless otherwise stated in writing and, if so, only to the extent stated.
4. Third Party Traders
We may host service providers operated by third party merchants on our website. If you wish to use, order or receive any of their services and/or products, please note that any personally identifiable information provided by you, once transmitted to the relevant trader, is beyond our control and is not under our protection.
5. Third party websites
ped-tech.com may contain information provided by third parties or links to other websites and Pedorthic Technology Limited accepts no responsibility for the operation or content of any third party information or other websites (whether or not linked to ped-tech.com) which are not under its direct control. Pedorthic Technology Limited reserves the right to request the removal of links to ped-tech.com from other websites if such links are installed without Pedorthic Technology Limited’s prior consent.
6. Limitation of liability
Pedorthic Technology Limited shall not be liable to the user or any third party, whether in tort, contract, statute or otherwise (including but not limited to negligence, breach of contract, defamation or infringement of intellectual property rights), for
- any direct loss.
- any consequential or indirect loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenue or profit); or
- any liability of the user or any other person to any other person arising from or incurred by the user in connection with the Information or the use of ped-tech.com.
Pedorthic Technology Limited does not guarantee (and disclaims liability for) the confidentiality of any personal or other information or data transmitted through ped-tech.com and Pedorthic Technology Limited’s current practice is to take reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality.
8. Availability and Suitability of services
Pedorthic Technology Limited does not guarantee that the information or content contained on ped-tech.com is up to date or accurate or that the products or services described on ped-tech.com are available. Pedorthic Technology Limited may change the content of ped-tech.com at any time without notice.
9. Responsibility of users
By allowing users to access information and/or use ped-tech.com, users undertake
- not to carry out or permit any infringing activities.
- not to use the information or the right to use ped-tech.com for any illegal, improper, obscene or defamatory purposes.
- to take all steps to ensure that the information does not harm the user’s data or systems.
- to ensure that all information provided by you to Pedorthic Technology Limited is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- to allow Pedorthic Technology Limited to conduct research into the use of such information
- to accept all Pedorthic Technology Limited disclaimers and limitations of liability set out in this Notice
- to accept Pedorthic Technology Limited’s personal data policies as applicable from time to time.
In connection with the use of ped-tech.com, the user agrees to indemnify and hold Pedorthic Technology Limited harmless from and against all losses, damages, claims, demands, liabilities, costs (including legal fees) and expenses arising from any breach by you of the terms set out herein or from negligence.
11. Law and Severability
This notice shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong and each part of this notice shall apply only to the extent permitted by such laws. If any part of this notice is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, only the prohibited or unenforceable part shall be declared invalid in that jurisdiction but shall not invalidate the remainder of this notice or affect the legality or enforceability of that part in any other jurisdiction.
Terms and Conditions
Allproducts presented on this website are food or dietary supplements. The contenton this website is only intended to inform about the nutritional andphysiological processes of the food supplements. The information provided onthis site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as asubstitute for advice from your health professional.